The pusses from Tumblr and Photogenic Felines, my fave cat Tumblr blog!
This was nice to find this weekend. The very beautiful Jensinewall has given me this very inspiring award and what can I say but thank you.
A few bits about me as of June 18.2012 :
1. I love getting awards. Seriously, just when I’m thinking I might be wasting too much time here and should maybe abandon the Wit ship, someone wonderful tells me that I inspire them and then, well,…you know the rest…Who hasn’t thought about quitting too?
2. Tomorrow’s my birthday. Though I won’t reveal my age, and all you know not to ask a woman her age, I can say that I certainly don’t feel my age, that people are all the time shocked when I tell them how old I am. I feel like I’m 26 years old. (God, how I wish I was 26!) If you’re 26 and you feel like you’re getting old come over here and I’ll slap you right out of it!
3. I’m a writer. I’m working on revising my novel. I have countless short stories in files on paper and in my computer. I’ve lost count. For some reason they are all unpublished…I wonder why….
4. I dream all the time about living in Italy, or Paris or on some incredible island with white sand and blue water that never ends. I’ll write in Italy and Paris, and send plenty of Instagram pics out there to Twitter, etc. I won’t bother to write in the sand.
5. I love old books, typewriters, cameras, cars, and vintage photography.
6. I’m writing from my dining room table right now, because I’m sick of my computer desk in my room without a door.
7. I think I’ll go slice up an apple to snack on…and when I’m done here I’ll be working on that revision.
Here are my Very Inspiring Blogger Award nominees:
I’m so happy to have found you Robin. You’re a brilliant writer and very inspiring. The bookshop and vintage typewriter posts are my favorites.
Gorgeous photography from David Hall at A Monkeyhanger’s Motley Medley – Seriously, you’re here almost every day, clicking that like button. Don’t you have anything better to do?;)
Theodora Black at People, Places and Bling! Take me to France with you!!! Please!
More great photography here at A Hectic World of Art. I think I see you more on Instagram now baby!
Russel Ray Photos Great photos, but your music on Mondays has me feeling quite witty!
Settle and Chase – Cath, your work just stuns me!
Jump for Joy! Photo Project…. You have me jumping for joy! The beauty of the human spirit shines here.
Thank you to all my followers for keeping me inspired. I wish, truly, that I had to time to shout out to all of you!!
So I don’t have a door…I have plenty of space to write…too much space, too
many places to set up my computer and write…nice places with plants, and
windows, and a deck…etc. Sometimes it is a problem. I wish I had that one
singular space that was all mine, a space I wouldn’t have to share…a space with
“The space can be humble (probably should be…) and it really needs only one thing:
a door which you are willing to shut.
The closed door is your way of telling the world and yourself that you mean
business; you have made a serious commitment to write and intend to
walk the walk as well as talk the talk.” ~ another quote by Stephen King
Yeah, I live the interrupted writer’s life. I had to stop three times while I was writing yesterday’s post for this blog. Seriously, I do think I need a door.
The writer’s space above is Joanna Briscoe’s. She’s got a door. I bet she shuts it.
Three basic writer’s needs: (especially when into the first draft…the muse, diving into inspiration)
the determination to close it
and your writing goal